Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Cherry Blossom


This is me looking back toward my friend Sarah. There is a beautiful cherry blossom tree besides me. The color, smell, even the height of the tree is perfect. We have cherry blossom in this season but only in particular area 'Kyoung-ju' so it is still amazing for me to see cherry blossom and I was also very surprised by the fact that Cherry blossom is everywhere in Japan.



Now it is the best season for 'Hanami'. Perfect pink cherry blossom, delicious food and happy faces. I was invited to Hanami party for the first time. I was assigned to bring my own foods so that people can share their foods together. We have many people from different countries so there were a lot of different types of foods that I've never cook in my life. I didn't know 'apple pie' could be so delicious and easy to cook until then! It was very nice to get to know each other and take a nice deep nap :)



We walked around the park which was located in Osaka. It was really big and had very traditional Japanese feature. It has a palce for Japanese green tea and there was also a temple. We didn't get to see inside of the temple but I could feel the strength and energy from the temple. Quiet but strong...I wished I could get in.






We also took some interesting photos. Unlike the idea of Japanese girls that I've always thought, They are not that shy or less active. They are very much expressive, active and very outgoing! They are not afraid of getting involve in new environment or having conversation with people who they barely know and speak different languages. They even speak up their voices when there is something they want to share their opinions. Sometimes I feel our Koreans can get more embarrass or shy than Japanese.
It was a interesting day for me to learn more about Japanese people and also cherry blossom.



This is the picture I took in the park that day. I thought it was beautiful shot. I had a wonderful day and I will never forget what I learned from this specialy get-together.

1 comment:

  1. Hanami was a popular topic for the blogs this week. Looks like you had a good experience with the cherry blossoms.

    ReplyDelete