Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Early impressions of Japan


Japan always reminds me of cleanness, politeness and sushi. Now I have stayed in Japan for about 3 weeks and nothing has really changed. It was about the same as I expected; Cleaness, politeness and oiishi sushi. Those three things are everywhere in Japan especially where I stay right now. In addition to those, there are many kawaii smiles on people's face. I took a photo of security guard in Kansai-gaidai who has benevolent smile and polite attitude. He could be the first impression I had when I first arrived in Japan. I used to traveled to several different countries from Asia to Europe. I believe this is the first place(=Japan) where I had same impression that I have always thought before I actually and physically arrive the place.
Ohayoo, Konnichiwa, Konbanwa and Oiishi! That is all you need :)



As I mentioned earlier above, you can found delicious foods in everywhere in Japan. When I first got here, I couldn't help myself from staring at all the delicious foods that Japan have. The quality of pakages and taste of foods were definitely more than what I expected. I have always loved tonkatsu and now I love tonkatsu even more! I can say 'food' in Japan was the only thing that gave me little different ideas about Japanese foods because they are simply more fantastic than I imagined.
Nihonno inshokuwa hontou oishii!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice photos to begin with. And I am glad your positive experiences are matching your positive expectations. I look forward to reading how your ideas about Japan develop through your experiences during the semester.

    ReplyDelete